Monday, 31 December 2012

Cotton Rose blankie

I started this blankie way back in the summer but then my youngest announced she wanted a ripple and I also bought some Artesano to make a Hexagon blankie with so poor Cotton Rose languished unfinished in a bag.

I decided the day before yesterday that I would finish her so spent hours and hours sewing in ends. last night I started in her border and finished her this morning.

She's smaller than I'd planned but to be honest I've had enough of her as the colours are quite flat by my standards.

I have loads of flowers left. I may make cushions or something with them although I'll use a different base colour or colours.

It's the Rico Aran Weight cotton so it's quite heavy.

Then I took her upstairs to photograph her with all my other blankies. There's one missing but that also is languishing unloved in my craftroom waiting for me to decide how to finish her.

No comments:

Post a Comment